Library Services, Rules and Regulations
- Lending Services
- Reference and Referral Services
- Current Awareness Services
- User Education
- Newspaper Services
- OPAC/Bibliographic Services
- Online Access to E-Resources
- Digital Library
Rules and Regulations
- Silence to be maintained.
- No group discussion is permitted in the library.
- No personal belongings allowed inside the library. It has to be kept at the property counter.
- Textbooks, printed materials and issued books are not allowed to be taken inside the library.
- Use of mobile phone is strictly prohibited in the library.
- ID card and uniform is a must to enter library.
- Enter your name and sign in the register kept at the entrance before entering library.
- Show the books and other materials which are being taken out of the library to the staff at the entrance.
- The librarian reserves the right to call back any borrowed book at any time.
- Refreshment of any kind shall not be taken anywhere in the library premises.
- Admission to the Library is free. Students are allowed to enter the library during lunch break, short break and after class hours in the evening. Students will be allowed in the library during the class hours only with the permission of concerned teacher, with their authorized/valid identity card.
- Books will be issued on production of identity card. Students are instructed to check the books while borrowing as they will be responsible for any damage or mutilation at the time of return.
- Books will be issued to the students for 14 days . It can be renewed for another 14 days before the due date, if the books are not reserved by other users. A fine of Rs.1 per day per book will be charged beyond the due date till the book is returned to library. Due date is stamped on the book slip pasted in the front page of the books.
- Students are required to handle the books very carefully- marking with pencil , writing or highlighting , tearing the pages or mutilating the same in any other way will be viewed very seriously. In such case reader shall be held responsible unless these are brought to the notice of the library staff at the time of issue.
- All the books are barcoded. Library transactions are done through an automated system using barcode. So due care should be given to keep the barcode tags in tact. An amount of Rs.50/- per tag will be charged if the tags are found damaged, spoiled, removed or unreadable.
- Reference section has encyclopaedias, dictionaries, text books, etc. which are only available for reference. Users are free to use these resources.
- Journal section has subject journals, general magazines and news letters. The latest issues are displayed on display rack and other previous issues are arranged in the drawer.
- Users of the library shall take care not to damage or deface any item of furniture. Wrong doers stand the risk of stringent disciplinary action against them.