Career Guidance and Placement Unit (CGPU)
KMEA Engineering College has got a strong and full-fledged Career Guidance and Placement Unit (CGPU) with a full time Placement Officer. Regular placement oriented training programmes imparted from semester one onwards.
All students registered with CGPU will be provided placement assistance, counseling for employment and self/Social entrepreneurship. The CGPU assures logistic support to the visiting companies at every stage of the placement process by making campus infrastructure available to them. The CGPU will act as an interface between the industry and the students, and will primarily enable the students to select from their career options. We shall facilitate the selection process of all the companies as per their requirement. The CGPU will liaison with corporate organizations to provide suitable jobs and internship for the candidates completing their studies from the campus. The CGPU also conducts seminars and workshops to enable the students of KMEA to become successful professionals.
The goal of CGPU is to provide employment opportunities and world class training to students in leading organizations. The CGPU is well equipped with ample infrastructure in terms of Testing halls, Consultancy Hall for pre placement talk, Presentations et.,
All the reputed organization including MNCs comes to the college for campus recruitment. CGPU firmly believes in ‘Industry-Institute Interaction’. In order to accomplish ‘Industry-Institute Interaction’ it organized technical talks and national seminars to provide a platform for the budding engineers to interact with professionals from various industries. It encourages visits to the industries by the college students. It arranges for industrial problems to be worked on by students as part of their projects. It also takes suggestion from members of industry regarding designing/changing of curriculum.
The CGPU functioning in the College is entrusted with the responsibility of
• Guiding students for placements in credible organization.
The CGPU of the college is headed by a Placement Officer. The Cell has student representatives from all classes. The Student Coordinators interacts with the Placement Officer for the daily functioning of the Cell.
The Cell has modern infrastructure facilities for receiving various companies in the campus and also for imparting training to the students. It has an air conditioned interview rooms to add to the other facilities available in the college such as conference room and a seminar hall with a capacity of 300. The College has an auditorium which can house 1500 persons at a time. Many companies have visited the campus during the academic years to select students of the college.
CGPU started the final placement process for the B.Tech - 2014 ie our passed out students on a rolling basis from September 2013. A good number of companies have participated in the placement process, offering a wide variety of new, niche and regular roles spanning across IT, Constructions, Finance, Consulting, Sales & Marketing, etc., This year's placement process has so far seen an overwhelming response from new recruiters such as TCS, Accenture, Infosys etc., to name a few. Regular recruiters like IBM, HCL, MuSigma, Bloomberg, etc continued their association with the institute...
All in all, this year saw Industry reposing enhanced confidence and trust in the quality of our students, which is palpable by the sheer number of students hired by various organizations and the offers made on campus. CGPU in return, would continue to strengthen its relationship with organizations by providing Placements, Internships, Industrial visits and other industry institute interactions
As a part of the curriculum each student at KMEA is to do Internship for 2 to 4 weeks. All students must do minimum 3 internships during their academic years. Internship starts from the first year onwards. Usually the Internship will begin from the first week of June and end by fourth week of July and second week of December and end by fourth week of January. KMEA faculties guide the students during the internship. The project report of each student is evaluated by faculty. The students have also to make a presentation on their project in front an expert panel including external consultants/faculty. The presentation is followed by viva voce.
This is the Placement Report of B.Tech – 2014; B.Tech – 2015 and B.Tech - 2016. It is to validate the information provided in the report with the relevant documentations. In this report, we confirm the following:
1. Total 92 companies have participated in the final placement process till the day for B.Tech - 2014 passed out students.
2. Total 91 companies have already participated in the final placement process till the day for B.Tech - 2015 pass out students.
3. Total 46 companies have already participated in the final placement process till the day for B.Tech - 2016 pass out students.
4. Total 40 companies visited KMEA for exclusive recruitment.
5. Total 60 students from KMEA who got placement offers B.Tech - 2014 batch through CGPU during their academic year.
6. Total 68 students from KMEA who got placement offers B.Tech - 2015 batch through CGPU during their academic year.
7. Total 36 students from Engg and 13 students from Arts & Science got placed from 2016 batch through CGPU till the day
8. Industry Institute Interaction with more than 250 companies
9. All students had done internship during their academic years
10. More than 65 career guidance programmes had conducted for B.Tech students till the day.
11. Conducted more than 35 career guidance oriented programmes for students those who are interested for higher education.
12. Already done 45 industrial visits.
Mahendra K S
E-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org