Department of Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
Established in 2009, the Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering has been successful in nurturing experts through sound academic support and commitment to research. The teaching resources, dedicated staff, sophisticated laboratories and library, efficiently meet the requirements of undergraduate and post graduate students here.
The department of Electronics and Instrumentation began functioning in the year 2002. The department is having an annual intake of 60. Till date 8 batches of students have passed out with flying colors. We are equipped to produce socially committed engineers and have made several achievements in the field of technical education.
Our students have bagged several ranks in the M G University examinations and have proved their strengths in co- curricular activities. A large number of students are placed in refineries & automation industries around the globe, R&D department of public and private sector companies and in Indian defense services.
The department is enriched with well qualified, committed and experienced faculty members. The student staff ratio is 1:12. Students conduct programs under the banner of EISA once in every month. The association activity provides the members, an opportunity to plan and organize technical events effectively. A number of faculties in the department are life members of ISOI. The ISOI student chapter in the college functions in association with ISOI Kochi chapter which gives the students amble opportunity to interact with industry.
The objective of the Department is to offer students the right kind of exposure to technical education and provide them ample opportunity to apply their knowledge in practical scenarios.
- Graduates will have a sound knowledge of Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering. Branch will give opportunities to learn multidisciplinary subjects.
- Graduates will be able to establish successful career in instrumentation and control industries, Research organizations and educational institutions or shall persue higher studies.
The department strives to enrich professionals of high competancy in the area of instrumentation engineering and mould them to adopt the crux of matter in the field of automation.
- To impart technical knowledge and hands on experience, leadership and managerial skills to meet the current industrial social needs.
- To create passion for learning and foster innovation by nurturing talents towards serving the society with high moral, ethical and professional standards.
- To enrich the knowledge and skills of faculty through continous learning.
- To impart quality education with through understanding of basic concepts.
- To promote and facilitate the students to engage in research endeavors through lifelong learning.